Ruth Dolby, Food Applications Specialist
Ruth has a usefully mixed background gained across the global food industry; starting as a Cordon Blue Chef working in the City of London, adding Home Economics training and transferring between manufacturing, wholesale, food service and FMCG retail.
She has worked for [8 years+] Tesco PLC and supplied the majority of UK Multiples. After leaving Northern Foods she ran SNPD consultancy for 15 years covering a mix of project leadership and interim assignments with working for companies of all shapes and sizes from Universities to Diversifying Farmers handling budgets from “can we do it for less than that?” to “we need to spend all £750,000 effectively before the end of the financial year which is in 3 weeks’ time”.
All through this she has expanded her experience within many different industry sectors she can confirm that while each production unit, supplier and customer is unique they all are extraordinarily similar.
For many years Ruth has been involved The Midlands regional branch of IFST as member, Branch Secretary and then 4 years as Branch Chairman. Since its’ inception Ruth has been in judging the UK 1st rounds of Ecotrophelia and more recently the Quality Food Awards. She is a Director on the board of trustees for Derby Quad with special responsibility for the café bar.
- Problem solving; discerning between the detail and the bigger picture
- Innovation without forgetting the successes of the past
- Cost savings by smarter working
- Cross- discipline inclusion and communication; effecting simplification and clearer lines of communication
- A practical approach, making things happen in a way that can be repeated
- Imparting a love all things new & thirst for knowledge to share
- Developer – Enjoyment of seeing others grow & flourish in their chosen part of the food industry and getting them to enjoy it too
- Networking & Introducing people + companies to ingredients ,ensuring a bespoke fit
T: +44 (0)115 95 16210 / +44(0) 7931 50 33 02